We need your financial support through membership to fund the website, venue bookings for gatherings, rehearsals and performances, and other activities. We also need people to help out. We're all volunteers.
Benefits of Membership
Access to Gigs
CGSV regularly receives requests to Find a Classical Guitarist. This could be you! When we receive a request, we try to match the guitarist with the requirements based on expectations, budget, repertoire, locality and other factors. Occasionally we resort to a broadcast request to members, in which case the first to respond usually gets the gig (although we reserve the right to share paid gigs around).
Become part of a social network of players. Meet other guitar enthusiasts, exchange ideas and playing tips, and overcome performance anxiety through playing to an empathetic audience. Or just listen and enjoy the music. All are welcome, and we have a "play or pay" principle to encourage active participation. Great practice for exams, competitions or gigs, and we regularly have surprise visits by professional guitarists and teachers. Generally held monthly on Tuesday evening or Saturday afternoon.
Participation is exclusive to CGSV members. Playing in an orchestra is fun and highly educational. Take your playing to the next level. Make friends and learn nuances of rhythm and tone production. Experience the adrenalin of performance - several times each year. Guitar orchestra concerts also provide a forum for individuals and small ensembles to perform publicly.
Support New Talent
Membership fees contribute to events which uncover and promote new talent, eg The CGSV Competition, where players of all levels can show their wares and be rewarded for their performance ability and dedication to the instrument, and Twilight Student Recitals, where tertiary guitar students gain performance experience to contribute to their musical development.
Discounted ticket prices to CGSV concerts and events.
Hans Music Spot, Croydon. 10% minimum off the big range of classical guitar sheet music, guitar strings and other accessories, Alhambra classical guitars and many more items in-store. Stockists of professional recording and stage equipment. 5% of every sale with a CGSV Membership goes back directly to the CGSV!
The Richmond Music Academy, 369 Burnley Street, Richmond, 0421 467 694, firstname.lastname@example.org. Discounts on music lessons for CGSV members.
Oxygen Music, Geelong. 10% minimum off the big range of classical guitars, sheet music, guitar strings and other accessories.
Gigmaster hand-crafted, portable guitar stands - 10% discount to members.
Guitars Online - special rates if you mention CGSV membership.
Give aways - occasionally we get free stuff from sponsors or advertisers that we pass onto members.
Access to exclusive events - Orchestra rehearsals (as good as a lesson), Master Classes by local and visiting artists, and CGSV's annual competitions.
Have your say - propose activities and vote at the Annual General Meeting. Join the committee.
Yearly Membership (due 1st January for the Calendar
HOW TO JOIN OR RE-NEW
1. New members, Register for Latest News. After you have registered, you will receive an email asking you to click on a link to confirm your registration. Existing members - please Logon to check that your contact details are up to date.
2. Pay Online Now by Visa or MasterCard (a booking fee applies and membership is treated as though it's a "ticket", but it works), or,
3. Use "Pay Anyone" or "Money Transfer" in your Internet Banking service by using Contact Us with "Money Transfer" in the subject line. You will then receive an e-mail with CGSV's bank account details and a payment reference number. Or,
4. Download and print a Membership Application Form and post with a cheque or money order to the address on the form.
5. Once your membership is processed, you will receive a shiny new membership card in the mail and email updates when events are looming (provided you have Registered for Latest News).
6. In addition, you can make a $10,$20, $50, or $100 donation to further the aims of the society: Make a donation to the Society